OK, I'm not a marketing expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I can't see that branding yourself as the "worst" of anything is good for morale and/or business. Call me crazy.
Now, on to the matter at hand - "team nationwide" takes to the diamond this Monday night at 6:15 at Berliner park (Field 21) to continue their pursuit of this season's title in the Mixed Rec League. Team Nationwide is fresh off a come-from-behind victory, dropping "trousers" (I love saying that) 18-17 in the season opener, and is primed to continue their winning ways Monday night.
In an unrelated story, the league commissioner, who apparently has been alerted to concerns that some teams may be using "ineligible" players, issued a statement released through the Sports Office to all team managers, including our very-own Dr. Jeff Quinn Medicine Woman:
The Sports Office has received several complaints of ineligible players playing in Mixed Rec leagues. In the CRPD Rule Book, it states that No Elite, Premier, or Major or Mixed Competitive Players may play Mixed Rec. If a team protests that another team is using illegal players and the protest is upheld, the illegal player and coach/manager will be suspended and the game forfeited. The suspension will be for a period of time determined by the sports office and will include all CRPD activities that the illegal player and coach/manager participate in. Please make sure you know what other leagues your players may be participating in so that you and your team will not have to forfeit a game or more.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
Whew! I don't know about you, sports fans, but I sure am glad this is being monitored. The last thing this country needs is a recreational co-ed softball team stacking their line-up to create an unfair competitive advantage in a league that is otherwise free of corruption, illegal gambling, and excessive steroid abuse (anything in moderation is OK). Need we be reminded of the consequences when elements of a major component of this country's economic engine mess with the laws of nature and the integrity of the game?
Would this qualify under "Your Time" in TOPS?
Hope to see you all there Monday night. Bring the family - good seats are still available.
Go "Team Nationwide"!
No comments:
Post a Comment